Matthew Wallin

I am a 33-year-old UX designer from Vancouver. After graduating last year from British Columbia institute of Technology, I moved overseas to the University of Gloucestershire to complete a BSc in computer technologies. I love working within a group setting where people are able to share ideas and and pass on knowledge from their own experiences.

My responsibilities within the group as the project manager include; providing team members with a list of tasks to complete before a deadline, log every meeting and task into Redmine in order to keep to a schedule, figure out problems and come up with solutions, create value through reinforcing my team’s ideas, manage time effectively and apply appropriate industry standards to the project. 

These responsibilities are best suited to me because of my prior experience within this role and the ability to carry out all of these tasks effectively. It also provides a chance for me to listen to the team’s ideas and ensure that the team collaborates and works together.

My future goals are to complete a Diploma/Degree in cognitive psychology where I can gain a greater understanding of how individuals interact with a particular product or technology, as well as obtain employment within a company that will allow me to expand my knowledge in my field of study and gain further experience.

Team

Jervis Arnold (Student Loot)

Student Loot is an upcoming box subscription service that is aimed exclusively at students. Each month you receive items that are tailored to your interests and hobbies. With student loot, we want to take the hassle out of deciding what items to buy for university and create a product we know you will love and use.

Find out more